Afternoon Assistant Teachers–2022-2023 School Year
Issaquah Montessori School is seeking assistant teachers to join our community. Both part-time and full-time positions are available. Issaquah Montessori School is an inclusive and supportive community accredited by the American Montessori Society and licensed by the Department of Children, Youth and Families.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: classroom preparation, cleaning, observation during work periods, recess supervision, record keeping and helping with nap.
The ideal applicant is:
- Loving, enthusiastic and respectful
- Positive, punctual and dependable
- Able to multi-task, show initiative and able to accept direction
- Curious about Montessori philosophy and willing to participate in further professional development
- Physically able to engage with the children on their level
- Able to effectively plan, problem solve, communicate and collaborate with a variety of personalities.
- Is flexible and willing to provided support where needed to the benefit of the community
- Able to pass a Washington State Department of Children, Youth and Families background check and provide supplemental materials showing required certifications/documentation
- Current First Aid, CPR, and Bloodborne Pathogen training
- Food Handler permit
- DCYF Portable Background Check
- COVID vaccination
- MMR vaccination
- TB Test
- Health insurance
- Retirement matching
- Paid holidays
Montessori experience is not required as we will provide training on Montessori philosophy and the culture at Issaquah Montessori.
If you are interested in the position, an interview is the next step. Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will provide more information about compensation, benefits and set up an interview date.
This job is open until full – posted 04.20.22
Substitute Assistants and Teachers
If you’ve got experience in Montessori environments, but aren’t ready to commit to a full-time role, we may have just the position you’re looking for. From time to time staff need to be away from school, and we’re looking for substitutes for those times. Should this kind of role be of interest, please send a resume to email@example.com. We can then provide additional information about compensation and likely hours.