Issaquah Montessori School is a nurturing community for approximately 100 children between the ages of 15 months and six years. It’s located on two acres just outside the city of Issaquah, near Seattle. The campus includes one toddler classroom, three primary classrooms and two playgrounds. Issaquah Montessori School is accredited by the American Montessori Society and is participating in Early Achievers, Washington state’s Quality Recognition and Improvement System. The lead teachers all have completed Montessori training from MACTE-approved training centers, and are members of the American Montessori Society. Our curriculum is traditional Montessori, presented in mixed-age classrooms. Issaquah Montessori School was founded by Conleth Golob. In 2009 Mary O’Brien, founding director of Arbor Montessori Schools, became the owner.
Inspiring empathetic, inquisitive, and resilient leaders.
Issaquah Montessori School provides children a thoughtfully prepared, traditional Montessori environment in which to flourish, surrounded by respect, order, and a sense of community. We are committed to observing and guiding each child through the developmental process.
- Model compassion for each other and the natural world
- Prioritize social-emotional learning
- Practice self-reflection
- Offer a safe space for holding emotions
- Acknowledge and support the needs of the child
- Allow the natural curiosity of the child to unfold
- Spark joy and a love of learning
- Practice problem solving
- Develop skills to pursue passions
- Provide a safe space to learn
- Encourage persistence
- Respect and acknowledge the work of the child
- Celebrate independence