Issaquah Montessori School is a nurturing community for approximately 100 children between the ages of 15 months and six years. It’s located on two acres just outside the city of Issaquah, near Seattle. The campus includes one toddler classroom, four primary classrooms and two playgrounds. Issaquah Montessori School is accredited by the American Montessori Society and is participating in Early Achievers, Washington state’s Quality Rating and Improvement System. The lead teachers all have completed Montessori training from MACTE-approved training centers, and are members of the American Montessori Society. Our curriculum is traditional Montessori, presented in mixed-age classrooms. Issaquah Montessori School was founded by Conleth Golob. In 2009 Mary O’Brien, founding director of Arbor Montessori Schools, became the owner.
Nurturing each child’s unique potential
Issaquah Montessori School provides children a thoughtfully prepared, traditional Montessori environment in which to grow, surrounded by respect, order and a sense of community. We are committed to observing and guiding each child through the developmental process.
- Developing self-directed and intrinsically motivated children
- Inspiring a joy and love of learning in a cooperative environment
- Allowing the natural curiosity of the child to unfold
- Encouraging both empathy and empowerment within the school community
- Providing sequential academics in math, reading and writing, which support individual progress
- Encouraging self-efficacy
- Promoting cultural awareness and diversity
- Teaching care for the body by encouraging purposeful movement and outdoor play
- Supporting choices that promote physical well-being
- Developing social responsibility through empathy toward others and positive, respectful interactions
- Teaching peaceful conflict resolution
- Fostering each child’s positive contribution