Issaquah Montessori School is an inclusive and supportive community accredited by the American Montessori Society and licensed by the Department of Children, Youth and Families.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: classroom preparation, cleaning, observation during work periods, recess supervision, record keeping and helping with naps.
The ideal applicant is:
- Loving, enthusiastic and respectful
- Positive, punctual and dependable
- Able to multi-task, show initiative and able to accept direction
- Curious about Montessori philosophy and willing to participate in further professional development
- Physically able to engage with the children on their level
- Able to effectively plan, problem solve, communicate and collaborate with a variety of personalities.
- Is flexible and willing to provided support where needed to the benefit of the community
- Able to pass a Washington State Department of Children, Youth and Families background check and provide supplemental materials showing required certifications/documentation
- Current First Aid, CPR, and Bloodborne Pathogen training
- Food Handler permit
- DCYF Portable Background Check
- Cleared Mantoux TB test and proof of MMR vaccine (or immunity)
- COVID vaccination
- Health insurance
- Retirement matching
- Paid holidays
- $20-22/hour depending on experience
Montessori experience is not required as we will provide training on Montessori philosophy and the culture at Issaquah Montessori.